The Digital Art and Culture conference series began in 1998. Since then DAC has developed the reputation as being a mid scale interdisciplinary event of high intellectual caliber.
DAC steering committee
- Adrian Miles RMIT University, Australia (chair)
- Raine Koskimaa, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Terry Harpold, University of Florida, USA
- Noah Wardrip-Fruin, University of Califonia, Santa Cruz
- Lisbeth Klastrup, IT University, Denmark
- Lone Malmborg, IT University, Denmark
- Susana Tosca, IT University, Denmark
- Andrew Hutchison, Curtin University, Australia
Previous DAC conferences
- 1998 Bergen, Norway. Chair Espen Aarseth, http://cmc.uib.no/dac98/
- 1999, Georgia Tech. Atlanta, USA. Chair Terry Harpold, http://www.dac99.gatech.edu/
- 2000, Bergen, Norway, Chair Jan Rune Holmevik, http://cmc.uib.no/dac/
- 2001, Brown University, Providence, USA. David Reville, Elli Mylonas, Julia Flanders, http://www.stg.brown.edu/conferences/DAC/
- 2003, RMIT, Melbourne Australia. Adrian Miles, chair. http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/dac/
- 2005, ITU Copenhagen, Denmark, Lisbeth and Susana Tosca joint Conference Chairs, Raine Koskimaa Programme Chair.
- 2007, Curtin University, Perth, Australia. Andrew Hutchison, chair. http://www.beap.org/dac/
- 2009. Univeristy of California, Irvine USA. Simon Penny, Director. http://www.dac09.uci.edu.